Against the backdrop of a country on the brink of crisis, two worlds collide: the over-heated bourgeois milieu of Pandoras, an intellectual psychiatrist with political ambitions, and the humbler, but no less ambitious world of Georgina, a beautiful child of the working-class, but also a talented actress whose career is taking off. Their personal and social convergence and conflicts play out in an atmosphere reminiscent of ancient Pompeian excesses. Over the six years, 2008-2014, when the country falls into economic ruin and social and political upheaval, we follow the protagonists as cast off their tamer drives and pass from love and enthusiasm into desperation, defeat, and brutal vengeance. We follow their story in the present, interwoven with individual flashbacks as they see their hopes and expectations dashed.
This is a film about the crises of interpersonal relationships, with heroes who are driven to their limits, as in ancient tragedies. But in contemporary Greece, tragedies can easily turn into comedies.
- Directed by: Nicos Perakis
- Screenplay: Katerina Bei
- Cast: Konstantinos Markoulakis, Fiona Georgiadi, Panos Mouzourakis, Tonia Sotiropoulou, Tzeni Theona, Konstantinos Avarikiotis
- Cinematography: Claudio Bolivar
- Music: Dimitris Kodopoulos
- Editing: Konstantinos Adraktas
- Art Director: Lina Patsiou
- Sound Recording: Nikos Papadimitriou
- Costume Design: Vasso Tranidou
- Production: View Master Films
- Producers: Costas Lambropoulos, Yorgos Kyriakos
- Co-producers: Femeway Ltd, ERT SA (Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation), Greek Film Centre, Nova